MINDFULNESS-BASED APPROACHES FOR TREATING TRAUMATIC STRESS A Two-Day Intensive WorkshopInquire Now
This 2 Day skills-focused workshop is designed to provide a comprehensive conceptual and experiential learning opportunity for clinicians and helping professionals working with children and adults who have experienced trauma. The workshop will deepen participants understanding of various topics central to the field of traumatic stress, integrating new emerging knowledge with effective mindfulness-based therapeutic techniques and interventions. The workshop will offer individual, didactic and group based experiential learning opportunities and participants will leave armed with contemporary knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Recent developments in the field of traumatic stress studies and emerging understandings of the broad range of traumatic experiences, including acute, complex-developmental, layered trans-generational and collective trauma.
- Attachment theory and traumatic childhood adversity in a developmental context.
- Neurobiology of trauma and the affect of trauma on brain functioning and development as related to cognitive, emotional, behavioral, interpersonal and spiritual functioning and experiences.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Childhood Traumatic Stress (CTS), Disorders of Extreme Stress (DOS). • Mindfulness-based approaches to the treatment of acute and complex trauma, including mind-body practices toward stabilization, processing and integration of traumatic memories, psychological and interpersonal healing, reconnection and recovery.
- Resilience and post- traumatic growth.
- Vicarious trauma and mindfulness-based self-care practices for practitioners and first responders.
|Mon, Tue||09:00 AM — 04:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||2|