Working with ADHD - Optimising Success - PALMERSTON NORTH
Seminar by Compass Seminars NZInquire Now
On-Site / Seminar
Apr 09, 2024
Canadian Psychologist Dr Caroline Buzanko will help participants develop an in-depth understanding of the complexities of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD) and present specific, detailed, and hands-on strategies to help children manage the emotional and behavioral challenges associated with ADHD. Current models of ADHD conceptualise it as a disorder of behavioural inhibition which impairs executive functioning, leading to difficulties with self-regulation, attention, distractibility and organising and planning behaviours. Individuals with ADHD can be very successful in life, however it is also the case that without appropriate identification and support, ADHD can have serious consequences, including school failure, family stress and disruption, depression, relationship problems, substance abuse, accidental injuries, and job failure. Given the substantial risk factors for children and young people with ADHD, developing effective interventions to promote educational and social success are critical. When managed effectively, ADHD can be an asset that supports individuals’ successes and can be celebrated.
- A comprehensive and contemporary understanding of ADHD, the ADHD brain & Executive Functions.
- Deconstructing ADHD myths and misunderstandings.
- Identifying the key assets and strengths of ADHD and how to optimise them.
- Self-regulation & understanding stress behaviour vs. misbehaviour.
- Multi-modal interventions for ADHD & Executive Functioning Deficits. Opening a toolbox of practical strategies that can be individualised and used immediately to help kids with ADHD in all areas of functioning, including at home and school, and within interpersonal relationships.
Caroline Buzanko, Ph.D., R. Psych. is a licensed Psychologist and clinical director of Koru Family Psychology in Alberta, Canada. She is an in-demand speaker, and a clinician who has worked with children with neuro-developmental disorders and their families for over 20 years, with a focus on maximising connection, confidence, learning success, and resilience. She presents with an energy and clarity that mean this webinar is a must for anyone working with children and young people with ADHD.
Apr 09, 2024
|Tue||09:00 AM — 03:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||1|
Compass Seminars is New Zealand’s leading professional development training provider for professionals who work with Children, Young People and Families. Compass delivers more training, in more New Zealand cities, than anyone else in the industry.