Would you like to work at the airport? Or do you dream of becoming a Flight Attendant? This course will provide you with the right skills and knowledge to get an entry-level job in the aviation or travel industries.
The New Zealand Certificate in Tourism with a strand in Aviation Level 3 focuses specifically on aviation, with units in airport security, airline operations, passenger handling and aircraft types. You will also benefit from comprehensive cabin crew training through ITC’s Cabin Crew Online Course and gain exposure to some of the world’s leading online fares & ticketing and reservations systems, like Amadeus, or choose instead Ready to Check-in.
Even though you’ll be studying at home, this course includes a high level of practical activities, online communication, resources to fit different learning preferences and a high level of interaction with the Study from Home tutorial team – you’ll never feel isolated.
- Have achieved NCEA level 2 and/or
- Be able to demonstrate suitable literacy and numeracy skills
ITC Study From Home courses are specifically designed to appeal to the learning styles of all learners by using a wide variety of resources and activities.
This course includes resources and activities such as:
- Interactive video lessons
- Downloadable subject workbooks
- Problem-solving activities
- Creative thinking activities
- Online forum discussions
- Research activities
- Real world travel & tourism case study analysis
- Written tutor feedback on activities and assessments
- Verbal or video feedback on activities or assessments
- All students are enrolled in our online Careers module which covers:
- How to put together a professional CV
- How to write an outstanding cover letter
- Skills for interviews
- The Study From Home team is available to support students in all of these areas and act as a referee if required
- ITC has two employment consultants working to make students aware of all of the latest employment opportunities in the Travel & Tourism industries. Then to assist them through the recruitment process.
Note also that ITC graduates are offered LIFETIME assistance from our employment consultants and students are always welcome to ask for assistance even years later! Screen reader support enabled.Assessment
Learners are assessed in a range of methods including:
- Open book written assessments (using a variety of question styles including short answer, multiple-choice, essay and matching)
- Case Study analysis
- Map work
- A computer (desktop or laptop) or tablet with a keyboard Notebook/paper and pens
- Distance learning through our online learning platform, ITC online Tutor and student interaction is part of the course via phone, live video classrooms and email
- ITC offers a free 7 day trial of their online learning platform (ITC online) so that students can get a feel for what its like studying online and sample a few of the different types of resources and activities that they offer.
- Communication Skills
- Airport Environment
- Workplace Skills
- Business Functions
- Aviation and Industry Operations
- Career Development
- Cabin Crew
The ITC tutorial team are hand-picked for their extensive travel industry experience within New Zealand and overseas. They bring a real depth of skill and expertise and their strong industry knowledge makes them a valuable resource for students.
The dedicated Study From Home tutors who are available by phone, email and face-to-face appointment. Our very own portal has the function to have virtual meetings too if face-face in not achievable.
For those who are considering enrolling this year, you can now see what Study From Home is all about by doing a quick trial run, completely FREE!
This will allow you to try Study From Home to see if the learning style will suit your needs, and to show you how you can gain your qualifications through distance learning.
All we need is your email address and full name. We will send you a log in access within 24 hours and you can experience our online portal for 7 days absolutley FREE!
Study From Home is the distance learning arm of the International Travel College of New Zealand (ITC). Established in 1996, ITC is an award-winning college that provides qualifications for the airline, aviation, travel and tourism industries. ITC is registered and accredited with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), the International Air Transport Association (IATA/UFTAA), CODECO and Ready To Check In.
Study From Home courses are perfect for people who want to gain an airline, travel or tourism qualification but are unable attend one of ITC’s Auckland campuses. All students need is access to a computer and a reliable internet connection. ITC has developed excellent online learning systems, including a community forum where students can interact, to ensure people feel supported. There is also a team of dedicated Study From Home tutors who are available by phone, email and face-to-face appointment.
As a leader in airline, tourism and travel training, ITC is pleased to be able to offer its award-winning qualifications to students wishing to study from their own homes, wherever they are based in New Zealand.